Town Bezdonys is known form the 15th century. In these times it was a hunting place for Lithuanian duke Jogaila. In the 16th century the manor was built here.
Bezdonys was granted the town rights in 1915.
In the year 1943 concentration camp was established in the woods of Bezdonys and about 25 thousands soldiers and 300 Jewish people were killed there. Most of Bezdonys inhabitants moved to Poland after the Second world war.
There are the church, two schools and the railroad station in Bezdonys.