Meironys is a typical one-street village, situated between Lūšiai, Aslanai ir Dumblys lakes. Village was first mentioned in 1554 and until the end of XVIII century it was called Antadringė.
There is a nice promenade on the lake Lūšiai bank, decorated with the wooden folk art sculptures. Sculptures’ motives are based on the local legends.
The village is famous because of an old tradition, which is still alive in Meironys. Every spring the village cows are being floated through the river to the grasslands in the peninsula and they are brought back in the autumn.