The first mosque in Nemėžis was built in 1684, but it burned. The new one was built there in 1909, based on the project of architect A.Soninas. During the soviet times, the mosque was used as a storehouse.
The Service takes part in the mosque on Fridays, but only on the new moon. But only e few people attend them, unless it is a Muslim holiday.
Next to the mosque there is an old tartar cemetery, part of them is still in use.