Paberžė town stands on the Liaudė river bank. Town was the property of baron Šilingas in XVIII century. He built here the first church of Visit of Virgin Mary in 1787.
Antanas Mackevičius, who was one of the 1863 year rebellion leaders, worked here for some time. In the graveyard of Paberžė now rests in peace many members of this rebellion. Folk art poles and crosses reminds of their memory.
From 1966 to 2005 monk and priest Algirdas M. Dobrovolskis (known as Father Stanislovas) lived and worked in Paberžė. With his efforts a museum of liturgical clothes and accessories was opened in one of the church’s buildings.
Many art works, dedicated to the rebellion of year 1863 and Paberžė are exposed in town or surroundings. Crosses of famous cross-maker Vincas Svirskis are also exposed.
There is the museum, dedicated to the rebellion near the church, also the monument to the A.Mackevičius stands near. In the park of the manor there is the tumulus for victims of rebellion.