Svėdasai
Coat of arms
Kamajai

Svėdasai

Anykščių mun.

The town of Svėdasai finds itself surrounded by three lakes - Alaušas, Uostinėlis and Svėdasas (the latter gave name to the town). Svėdasai first appeared in historical sources in the 16th century: the Svėdasai mansion that was owned by the Radvila family was first mentioned on 15 August 1503, the Svėdasai church - in 1522 and the town itself - in 1574.

The town is known as a hometown of Juozas Tumas-Vaižgantas. The momument for this famous Lithuanian writer was erected in the center of town 4 years after his death - in 1937. The secondary school in Svėdasai is also named after the writer.
 
Comments
Only registered users can comment. Register
Svėdasai

For users
Username:
Password:
Register Forgot password?
Information
Currently on site:
Towns: 48
Objects: 36
Gallery items: 881
Basketball in Lithuania