Markučiai area is known from the XIV century. Lithuanian duke Jogaila mentioned them in his papers. The area was always known for the beautiful landscapes.
Today's park is created only in IX century. It was established by Aleksejus Melnikovas, who wanted to create here the English park. Park had to cover 15 ha area. There was a contract with gardener made: the gardener had to plant 1000 trees and bushes. Rare species of trees were growing in the park; also there were a huge garden.
Ponds made the park exclusively beautiful. They survived till today, but park changed a lot and now only local species of trees are growing here, mostly maples. Park covers about 8 ha area.