Vyžiai village stands on the bank of Baluošas Lake in Aukštaitija National Park. Next to the village there is Tauragnai - Ignalina road.
In 1731 the village had 14 valakas (about 20 ha). Between World Wars there were 30 homesteads in Vyžiai. Here lived more than 100 inhabitants. Vydžiai had an elementary school then.
In the nearby Trakas wood some burial mounds were found. Archeologists found some graves from VI – VIII centuries in it.
In 2001 here lived 41 person.